This UW STEM Website is made possible through the National Science Foundation, Pacific Northwest Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation grant #0901996.
Welcome to LSAMP
In the fall of 2009, the National Science Foundation awarded the Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) grant to five institutions in the Pacific Northwest region, with the University of Washington (UW) as the lead institution. The purpose of LSAMP is to increase the recruitment, retention and graduation rate of underrepresented students in the disciplines of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). By affiliating with LSAMP, current students have access to internships, paid research opportunities and much more. Pre-college students can get started by planning their STEM visit to the UW.
Mary Gates Hall 311, 8:30 AM -5:00 PM, M-F
The three main goals for the program are:
- To increase the number of STEM bachelor degrees granted to underrepresented minority (URM) students by 10% per year;
- Increase the percentage of STEM bachelor degrees granted to URM students who transfer from community colleges to 40%, and double the number of degrees granted to URM STEM transfer students; and
- Provide workshops and services to ensure that 95% of LSAMP-affiliated students are exposed to information about graduate school preparation.
Winter Quarter Events
- Tues., Jan. 19 - Fri., Jan. 22 | MLK Week of Service Poster Session, LSAMP Center, MGH 311
- Thurs., Jan. 21 | 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.- GO-MAP Undergraduate & Graduate Diversity Mixer - HUB Ballroom
- Tues., Jan. 21 | 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. - LSAMP Faculty Lunch Series: Dr. Eve Riskin, Associate Dean for College of Engineering Diversity & Access, LSAMP Center, MGH 311
- Tues., Jan. 21 | 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. - NSBE Diversity Career Fair - HUB Ballroom
- Mon., Feb. 1 - Fri., Feb. 5 | LSAMP Winter Check-In, LSAMP Center, MGH 311
- Wed., Feb. 24 | 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. - LSAMP Faculty Lunch Series: Dr. Harry Bruce, Dean of the Information School, LSAMP Center, MGH 311
For more events, check out the LSAMP Calendar