OMA&D Academic Counseling Services
Educational Opportunity Program
BEOP workshops are designed specifically with you, the student, in mind. Attend the session that represents your academic standing, (e.g. freshmen or sophomores). These sessions are collaboratively planned between counselors in the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) Counseling Center and the Foster School. The primary objective is to help inform EOP students of the stages of preparation for applying to the Foster School. The workshops are designed to give students the information needed to complete a competitive application.
If you are interested in being a BEOP student and finding out more information register here:
Changes to EOP Team
EOP is excited to introduce two new advising/counseling members to the team! Gracielle Yan is a new adviser to our staff from Western Washington University. A UW alumni from her undergrad, she is excited to work with us this year. To see her bio, check out the EOP Team page. We will also be welcoming Maria Sefchick, on November 16th. Stay tuned for more information!
The Educational Opportunity Program Model for Academic Advising Integrating Developmental, Holistic, Appreciative and Family Education Approaches
The EOP Advising/Counseling Center offers:
- A developmental model of academic advising that acknowledges and supports the different educational tasks that students encounter during their university experience
- A holistic emphasis upon the education of the whole person including the development of skills that support success in academic tasks and in life through curricular and co-curricular engagement
- A recognition that students are members of many communities including family, neighborhood, and social organizations as well as the University of Washington
- An ethnically diverse staff of professional advisers and support personnel committed to providing accurate information about university procedures and policies
- Access to a wide range of support services such as enrollment service, personalized academic and career advising, financial aid and housing resources, peer mentoring, internships and leadership/volunteer resources, and referrals to other Office of Minority Affairs and University of Washington programs
EOP is on Twitter!
To see all of the latest news, check out our latest tweets by clicking on the twitter picture