- Shaw DM. A piece of my mind. Beyond conflicts of interest: disclosing medical biases. JAMA: the Journal of the American Medical Association. Aug 20 2014; 312(7):697-698.
- Grinnell F. The Interrelationship between Research Integrity, Conflict of Interest, and the Research Environment. Journal of microbiology & biology education. Dec 2014; 15(2):162-164.
- Belluz J. Science is Broken: These academics think they have the answer. http://www.vox.com/2015/6/27/8854105/new-science-guidelines
- Ploug T, et al. J Med Ethics 2015;41:356–358. doi:10.1136/medethics-2014-102114
- Rosenbaum L. Reconnecting the Dots -- Reinterpreting Industry-Physician Relations. N Engl J Med 372;19 nejm.org may 7, 2015
- Rosenbaum L. Understanding Bias -- The Case for Careful Study. N Engl J Med 372;20 nejm.org may 14, 2015
- Rosenbaum L. Beyone Moral Outrage -- Weighing the Trade-Offs of COI Regulation, N Engl J Med 372;21 nejm.org May 21, 2015
Readings/articles from previous years:
- Christakis DA, Zimmerman FJ. Rethinking reanalysis. JAMA : the journal of the American Medical Association. Dec 18 2013;310(23):2499-2500.
- Smith R, Gotzsche PC, Groves T. Should journals stop publishing research funded by the drug industry? BMJ (Clinical research ed.). 2014;348:g171.
- Sah S, Fugh-Berman A. Physicians under the influence: social psychology and industry marketing strategies. The Journal of law, medicine & ethics : a journal of the American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics. Fall 2013;41(3):665-672.Fanelli D & Ioannidis JP (2013) US studies may overestimate effect sizes in softer research. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, 110 (37): 15031-6.
- Freedman DH (2010) Lies, damned lies, and medical science. The Atlantic, November 2010.
- Kaiser, J. (2012) Biomarker tests need closer scrutiny, IOM concludes. Science, 335: 1554; and Institute of Medicine (2012) “Responsible parties”, excerpt from Evolution of Translational Omics: Lessons Learned and the Path Forward.
- The PLoS Medicine Editors (2008) Making sense of non-financial competing interests. PLoS Medicine, 5(9): 1299-1301. (http://www.plosmedicine.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pmed.0050199)
- Psaty BM (2009). Conflict of interest, disclosure, and trial reports. JAMA, 301(14): 1477-1479.