September 17, 2021
Autumn 2021: Convey Admissions Decision Deadline
Please be advised the fifth day of instruction, Tuesday, October 5th, is an important admission deadline for Autumn Quarter.
The following actions should be taken in MGP no later than October 5:
- Submit admission petitions after you confirm a student has withdrawn from all classes (see SRF100 in the Student Database or MGP transcripts).
- Defer – admitted for Autumn 2021 deferring to a future quarter. See GEMS Graduate Advisor Guide for policies and procedures.
- Early Entry* – admitted to future quarter planning to begin Autumn 2021. See GEMS Graduate Advisor Guide for policies and procedures.
- Change Offer Accepted to Declined Confirmed Status (Applicant paid ECD but will not attend).
- Note: Applications without decisions are automatically changed to “Denied” status after the 8th day of the quarter.
Defer AEP (Academic English Program) requirements – admitted for Autumn Quarter deferring AEP requirement to Winter quarter.
Note: Students pay their Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD) via the Enrollment Confirmation System (ECS), which closes on Friday, October 8 for students admitted for Autumn quarter. Students cannot pay the ECD in-person or by postal mail.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
* A student moving from Winter 2022 to Autumn 2021 should be processed as soon as possible to prevent registration problems. If you have any F-1 or J-1 students that wish to begin early in Autumn Quarter, please contact a GEMS advisor to discuss their specific case.