2019 AA 528 course homepage can be found here
- Ph.D. in Aeronautics & Astronautics, University of Washington, Seattle (2016 – present)
- B.Sc.Eng in Mathematics and Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Queen’s Univeristy, Canada (2012 – 2016)
- Control and optimization theory
- Convex optimization approaches to spacecraft GN&C
- Dual quaternion based guidance and control
- Autonomous space operations & asteroid landing
- Spacecraft formation flight
- UW Aero&Astro CubeSat Team – co-founder and SOC-i project scientist.
- M. Szmuk, T. P. Reynolds, and B. Acikmese, “Successive Convexification for Real-Time 6-DoF Powered Descent Guidance with State-Triggered Constraints,” ArXiv E-prints: 1811.10803. Submitted to Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics.
- T. P. Reynolds, M. Szmuk, D. Malyuta, M. Mesbahi, B. Acikmese and J. M. Carson, “A State-Triggered Line of Sight Constraint for 6-DoF Powered Descent Guidance Problems,” AIAA SciTech Forum, San Diego, CA, 2019.
- D. Malyuta, T.P. Reynolds, M. Szmuk, M. Mesbahi, B. Acikmese and J. M. Carson “Discretization Performance and Accuracy Analysis for the Powered Descent Guidance Problem,” AIAA SciTech Forum, San Diego, CA, 2019.
- M. Szmuk, T. P. Reynolds, B. Acikmese, M. Mesbahi and J.M. Carson, “Successive Convexification for 6-DoF Powered Descent Guidance with Compound State-Triggered Constraints,” AIAA SciTech Forum, San Diego, CA, 2019.
- T. P. Reynolds and M. Mesbahi, “Coupled 6-DOF Control for Distributed Aerospace Systems,” 57th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), Miami Beach, FL, 2018.
- T. P. Reynolds, K. Kaycee, B. Barzgaran, M. Hudoba de Badyn, S. Rice, E. Hansen, A. Adler, B. Acikmese and M. Mesbahi, “Development of a Generic Guidance Navigation & Control System for Small Satellites: Application to HuskySat-1,” AIAA Space Forum, Orlando, FL, 2018.
- T. P. Reynolds and M. Mesbahi, “Small Body Precision Landing via Convex Model Predictive Control,” AIAA Space Forum, Orlando, FL, 2017.
- U. Lee, T. P. Reynolds, B. Barzgaran, M. Hudoba de Badyn, J. Chrisope, A. Adler, K. Kaycee and M. Mesbahi, “Development of Attitude Determination and Control Subsystem for 3U CubeSat with Electric Propulsion,” AIAA Space Forum, Orlando, FL, 2017.
- Powered Descent Guidance: where we’ve been and where we’re going. Presented at Johnson Space Center, Houston, TX, 2018. Slides.
- AA 528 (Instructor) Spacecraft Dynamics and Control, University of Washington (2019)
- AA 320/321/322 Aerospace Instrumentation & Laboratories, University of Washington (2016-2017)
- MTHE 174 Linear Algebra, Queen’s University (2016)
- ELEC 210 Introduction to Circuits, Queen’s University (2015)
- NSERC Postgraduate Scholarship – Doctoral (present)
- NSERC Canadian Graduate Scholarship – Master’s (2016, declined)
- Canadian Interuniversity Sport Academic All-Canadian (2014, 2015, 2016)
- Queen’s University Dean’s Scholar (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Investor’s Group Clayton Johnston Scholarship (2013)