(Please use additional pages if needed)
Mailing Address 住址:
- When and where were you born? Where did you grow up stay the longest?
- What year and where did you first arrive in the U.S.?
- What year did you move to Seattle?
- Tell us something about your family, where were your parents when you came to the U.S.? Do they now live with you? Do you have any children? What are they doing now?
- Why did you come to the U.S.?
- Tell us about how life was when you first arrived? What are some memories that stand out most for you?
- Are there any special people you remember who made a significant impact on your life?
- What do you think is unique or special about living in Seattle? Why did you decide to make Seattle your home?
- Where did you go to school, elementary school, high school, college, etc.?What academic degrees do you have?
- What is your occupation, current or before retirement？
- What political, professional, religious, cultural, sport, or other organizations have you participated in before and after moving to the U.S.? Do you vote? Do you return to Taiwan to vote in local elections there?
- What major world events have had the largest impact on your life, such as World War II, Chinese civil war (1947~1949), the Korean War, Vietnam War, political movements and changes in China and Taiwan, and US – China and US – Taiwan relations, etc.? How did these impact you, your family and friends, and your decision to move to the U.S.?
- How would you identify yourself? Chinese, Taiwanese, American, or Asian?
- What do these labels mean to you?
- What are you most proud of in your life? What do you most regret? What wishes do you have for the future?
- Do you have any preference about your interviewer? Do you haveanyone particular you would prefer to interview you?
- Is there any other information that you think we should know before the interview?