This page provides links to tutorials on the Audacity web site to help you get started recording and editing audio with this free, open-source software. Audacity is a very powerful tool that is also easy to learn and use.
Audacity Home Page
"Audacity is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems."
Links to a number of tutorials, including those listed below.
- Audacity Presentation for High School Level (PDF)
- Create a simple voice and music podcast with audacity
- Transferring tapes and records to computer or CD
- Sanitizing Speech Recordings Taken with portable audio player-recorders
- Noise Removal for removing steady noise like hum and hiss
- Record and edit with Audacity
- Create your own Podcast
- Export audio as an MP3 file using LAME MP3 encoder