EveryDay is Special
CONCEPT: Growing up with PKU
Children read and color the Every Day is Special activity book. This activity book discusses daily routines, favorite activities, and eating the right kinds of foods to be healthy.
After completing this activity, children will be able to:
- identify daily routines
- name one of their favorite low-phe foods
- name one of their favorite things to do
- identify "yes" foods
- Give each child a coloring book.
- Read the book to the children, taking time to look at the pictures and talk about what they are. Help the children answer the questions as you read through the book.
- Give the children crayons to color their books.
- Every Day is Special activity book (Developed by the Idaho PKU Program, 1993)