How Much Did you Eat?
CONCEPT: Weighing and Measuring
Read a story about the importance of weighing and measuring foods to know how much phe you are eating. Practice the skills!
After completing this activity, children will be able to:
- demonstrate how much they eat by describing the amount as large or small, half or whole, or in simple numbers
- participate in the weighing and measuring of foods at home
- Read the story How Much Did You Eat?
- Lead a discussion :
- Discuss how you might measure the foods discussed in the story. Demonstrate how to measure foods with the measuring cups and spoons and weigh foods with the scale.
- Why is it important to measure our foods? ( to know how much phe we are eating).
- Demonstrate and discuss large vs. small, half vs. whole, and simple numbers of foods.
- Practice measuring: As the children suggest ways to measure the foods in the story, let them practice measuring them with the measuring cups and spoons or weighing them with the scale.
- Distribute the worksheet. Help the children complete it, as needed. Discuss the answers.
- How Much Did You Eat? story (pages can be cut in half to make a small booklet)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Variety of foods (to practice measuring)
Let your child participate in the weighing and measuring of foods at home.