Muffy'S Thanksgiving Dinner
CONCEPT: PKU Diet - Menu Planning
Read a story and discuss "yes" food choices at Thanksgiving dinner.
After completing this activity, children will be able to:
- recognize that there are many people who eat a little differently
- identify one thing they can do when they are being teased
Read the story Muffy's Thanksgiving Dinner .
Discuss the story with the children, with questions such as:
- How does your family celebrate Thanksgiving?
- What do you usually eat at Thanksgiving?
- What kinds of foods made Muffy sick? ( high protein/high phe foods)
- Distribute the worksheet. Help the children complete it, as needed. Discuss their answers.
Before going to a special dinner or event, explain to your child what it will be like. Help him/her decide how he/she will handle the situation.