Sneezes and Strawberries
CONCEPT: What is PKU?
Children read the story Sneezes and Strawberries and discuss how to explain PKU to others.
After completing this activity, children will be able to:
- have an explanation of PKU for others
- Read the story Sneezes and Strawberries to the children. Discuss the story using the following questions:
- What happened when Julie at strawberries?
- What foods should you not eat?
- What will happen to you if you eat those foods?
- What did Julie say to Granny Squirrel when she asked Julie why she wasn't eating strawberries?
- What will you tell people when they ask you why you can't eat meat or cheese?
- What will you tell them when they ask you what PKU is?
- Have the children complete the worksheet.
- Read the story to your child and help them answer the questions so that he/she will get practice in responding to questions.