To watch an orientation presentation given by the ABA LAUNCH Director, please click here.
What is the ABA LAUNCH Program?
The University of Washington Autism Center’s ABA LAUNCH Program is a clinic-based, short-term, comprehensive and intensive early intervention program for children up to six years of age with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). This program offers an initial foundation of evidence-based, high-quality, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services and parent education/support to families currently waiting to receive ongoing therapy services.
What is included in the program?
- 12 weeks of ABA therapy sessions at our Seattle or Tacoma clinic locations
- Schedule is Monday-Thursday in either morning (8:30-11:30 AM) or afternoon (1:30-4:30 PM) cohorts
- Multi-disciplinary team of psychologists, speech language pathologists (SLP), board certified behavior analysts (BCBA), and certified behavior technicians (CBT)
- 1:1 direct intervention with CBT
- 1:1 and group SLP sessions
- Weekly parent coaching sessions with BCBA
- Individualized transition planning sessions with psychologist and social work graduate students
- Weekly parent psychoeducation classes
What are the enrollment criteria?
- Children age 6 and under with a formal diagnosis of ASD
- Order or prescription for ABA therapy from a provider from a recognized Center of Excellence (COE) by the Health Care Authority (HCA)
- Lives within approximately a 30-minute radius from either our Seattle or Tacoma clinic
- Enrollment in WA Apple Health Medicaid health insurance program (see below for specific insurance providers)
- Community Health Plan of WA
- Coordinated Care
- United Healthcare Community Plan
- Provider One “Open Coupon”
Who is on the team?
ABA LAUNCH Director
- Robin Talley, MEd, BCBA, Behavior and Education Consultant
Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs)
- Chelsea Deaconson, LBA, M.Ed., BCBA, Behavior and Education Consultant (Seattle and Tacoma)
- John Ketchum, MEd, BCBA, Behavior and Education Consultant (Seattle)
- Yegennalyn Millanes, MHA, M. Ed, BCBA, LBA, Behavior and Education Consultant (Tacoma)
Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs)
- Carly Brukhman, MS, CCC-SLP, Speech-Language Pathologist (Seattle)
- Nicole Bergstrom, MS, CF-SLP, Speech-Language Pathologist
- Ronan Allison, Behavior Technician – Seattle
- Arianna Hillman, Behavior Technician – Tacoma
- Sophia Javar, Behavior Technician – Tacoma
- Ai Roach, Behavior Analyst Intern – Tacoma
- Alicia Shim, Behavior Technician – Seattle
- Makenzie Knowles, Behavior Technician – Seattle
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 206-543-8379.
Interested in volunteering in the LAUNCH program? Please complete an application on our volunteer page.
How do I register?