Who volunteers at UWAC?
- U.W. Psychology students interested in earning PSY499 credits.
- Students from all over who want to learn more about autism treatment and/or research
- People with ASD who want to improve their social skills in an office setting
- Anyone who wants to contribute to our mission!
What do our volunteers do?
- Scoring standardized questionnaires
- Writing assessment reports
- Entering / uploading data
- Videotaping assessment sessions
- Assisting with organizing community events
- Creating supply orders
- Clerical Tasks (Filing, Scanning, Mailing, etc.)
- Providing childcare
- Sanitizing toys and sorting recyclables
- Running errands on campus
- Picking up / delivering mail
- The list goes on!
For more information or to apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 543-2125
New Opportunity: Interested in Speech Language Pathology?
The goal of this placement is to provide volunteers with high quality and individualized experiences in the clinical and resource needs of working with individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and their families, particularly in the Speech Therapy department. Find more information here and the application form here.