CIC Faculty Guide Online
To enter grades into the gradebook:
- Click on the Grades link on the right-hand side-bar.
- Click on the assignment cell located in the row of the student whose score you want to enter.
- Type the new score in the cell and press Return (on a MAC keyboard ) or Enter (on a PC keyboard).
To leave a comment with your grade:
- Click on the small Speech Bubble icon to open the comment window.
- Type your comment in the add a comment field and click on the Post Comment button to save and post your comment.
- Click on the drop-down menu underneath the assignment title.
- Click on the Set Default Grade link.
- Type the default grade in the text box . If you would like to overwrite existing grades for the assignment select the Overwrite already-entered grades checkbox . Click on the Set Default Grade button . A pop-up window will appear in your browser.
- Default grades are automatically entered for all students whom do not have a grade. Grades can be changed by clicking on the default grade and typing in an updated score.
Canvas accepts a variety of document formats and even URLs as assignment submissions. SpeedGrader™ automatically converts the various online submission types into a format that can be displayed by a web browser for your review. Within one frame, you can view , grade , start discussions , and provide students with written, video, and audio commentary . When you have finished with one student, you can jump right to the next student without leaving SpeedGrader™ . Your private feedback to the student, through text, audio, or video, will be sent via the communication channels that they prefer.
To evaluate an assignment in Speedgrader:
- Click on the Assignments link.
- Click on the assignment title to view the assignment.
- Click on the SpeedGrader™ button.