Welcome to the University of Washington Astrobiology Program!
Over the past 20 years our program has trained the next generation of astrobiologists and made significant advances in understanding how to search for life beyond the Earth. Our program offers a rigorous, interdisciplinary dual-title PhD in a home department and Astrobiology, as well as a graduate certificate in Astrobiology. Our alumni have gone on to exciting careers at universities, government labs and elsewhere. Below we showcase the achievements of students, faculty and alumni, and on other pages you can learn about how to apply to our graduate program, learn more about our research and outreach activities, and find out the latest on our colloquium series and public events.
- Three alums of the UW Astrobiology program, Dr. Giada Arney, …Read More »
- As part of the 2019 Astrobiology Science Conference (AbSciCon 2019) …Read More »
- Are you attending AbSciCon and have questions about the UW …Read More »
- Josh Krissansen-Totton (ESS/AB) successfully defended his dissertation. Please join the …Read More »
- Professor Roger Buick has been elected as a Fellow of …Read More »
- Brett Morris (Astronomy/AB) successfully defended his dissertation. His presentation was …Read More »
- This year the UW Astrobiology Program has continued to advance …Read More »
- The UWAB Program's Spring 2019 Colloquium Series schedule has been …Read More »
- We have updated our website design!Read More »
- NASA awarded $11M to continue the work of the UW’s …Read More »