Welcome to the University of Washington Astrobiology Program!
Over the past 20 years our program has trained the next generation of astrobiologists and made significant advances in understanding how to search for life beyond the Earth. Our program offers a rigorous, interdisciplinary dual-title PhD in a home department and Astrobiology, as well as a graduate certificate in Astrobiology. Our alumni have gone on to exciting careers at universities, government labs and elsewhere. Below we showcase the achievements of students, faculty and alumni, and on other pages you can learn about how to apply to our graduate program, learn more about our research and outreach activities, and find out the latest on our colloquium series and public events.
- UWAB students Hannah Dawson and Susan Rundell (Oceanography), alongside their …Read More »
- UWAB Alum, and member of the Virtual Planetary Laboratory Research …Read More »
- Owen Lehmer (ESS/AB) successfully defended his dissertation on Wednesday June …Read More »
- Several students and faculty members of the UW Astrobiology Program …Read More »
- As part of a tuition at the University of Washington …Read More »
- Our line-up for the Spring 2020 Colloquium series has been …Read More »
- Rudy Garcia (Dual-title PhD in Astronomy & Astrobiology) was recently …Read More »
- Andrew Lincowski (Astronomy/AB) successfully defended his dissertation on Thursday February …Read More »
- UWAB and Astronomy Professor (Emeritus) Woody Sullivan was recently announced …Read More »
- UWAB Director, and Primary Investigator for the Virtual Planetary Lab …Read More »