DigiText Google Guide: Option #1
|For programs that:
||The advantages are:
||The disadvantages are:
- have a lot of students and entries to submit, 10+ entries (large class/program participation)
- have limited time or resources for students to be online
- can't or do not wish for students to have a Google account including email
- do not want to let students work on the site outside of class
- students do not need to create their own email or Google account
- coaches are owners of sites by default; they can monitor students’ work right away
- students can begin with content creation which gives the coach time to know the student's titles and/or topics before creating sites
- it requires a bit more time on the coach’s part
- more than one coach account may be required to create multiple sites quickly (1 account can create only 5 sites per week)
- students can see/edit each other’s sites. It is highly recommended that a coach or instructor never shares the login and password with the students; instead, the coach should log-on for the students making it less likely that students will see each other's sites.
Click on the each of steps below to view its corresponding, detailed instructions.