Please use your independent judgement when engaging any new professional or starting a new service. The UW Autism Center does not evaluate these resources, have specific knowledge of abilities of those listed, or necessarily agree with the information listed on website sources.
- About our Neurodiversity-Affirming Workshop
- Webinar: Introduction to Neurodiversity and Autistic Culture for Parents of Young Children by autistic UWAC psychologist Lucas Harrington, Psy.D.
- Dr. Ross Greene’s Collaborative Proactive Solutions approach, and his book, The Explosive Child
- Washington Post article: How listening to autistic adults helped me understand and support my son
- Neurodiversity handout by autistic UWAC psychologist Lucas Harrington, Psy.D.
- Finding the Right Autism Services for Your Child by autistic UWAC psychologist Lucas Harrington, Psy.D.
- The Problems with Functioning Labels
- A neurodiversity facts and myths primer
- Biographies of Autistic People
- 13 Tips for Discussing Autism with Your Child, by UWAC psychologist Sara Woods, Ph.D.
- Handout for “Could I Be Autistic” webinar
- Resources for Young Adults and Youth in Transition
- Local Adult ASD Resources
- ASAN’s “Welcome to the Autistic Community” booklet
- Autistic Hoya is a blog by autistic activist Lydia X. Z. Brown, with extensive resources on its Primer page