ABA LAUNCH Program
Learning about Autism and Understanding Neurodiversity in CHildren
To watch an orientation presentation given by the ABA LAUNCH Director, please click here.
What is the ABA LAUNCH Program?
The University of Washington Autism Center’s ABA LAUNCH Program is a clinic-based, short-term, comprehensive and intensive early intervention program for children up to six years of age with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). This program offers an initial foundation of evidence-based, high-quality, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) services and parent education/support to families currently waiting to receive ongoing therapy services.
What is included in the program?
- 12 weeks of ABA therapy sessions at our Seattle or Tacoma clinic locations
- Schedule is Monday-Thursday in either morning (8:30-11:30 AM) or afternoon (1:30-4:30 PM) cohorts
- Multi-disciplinary team of psychologists, speech language pathologists (SLP), board certified behavior analysts (BCBA), and certified behavior technicians (CBT)
- 1:1 direct intervention with CBT
- 1:1 and group SLP sessions
- Weekly parent coaching sessions with BCBA
- Individualized transition planning sessions with psychologist and social work graduate students
- Weekly parent psychoeducation classes
What are the enrollment criteria?
- Children age 6 and under with a formal diagnosis of ASD
- Order or prescription for ABA therapy from a provider from a recognized Center of Excellence (COE) by the Health Care Authority (HCA)
- Lives within approximately a 30-minute radius from either our Seattle or Tacoma clinic
- Enrollment in WA Apple Health Medicaid health insurance program (see below for specific insurance providers)
- Community Health Plan of WA
- Coordinated Care
- United Healthcare Community Plan
- Provider One “Open Coupon”
Who is on the team?
ABA LAUNCH Director
- Robin Talley, MEd, BCBA, Behavior and Education Consultant
Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs)
- Chelsea Deaconson, LBA, M.Ed., BCBA, Behavior and Education Consultant (Seattle and Tacoma)
- John Ketchum, MEd, BCBA, Behavior and Education Consultant (Seattle)
- Yegennalyn Millanes, MHA, M. Ed, BCBA, LBA, Behavior and Education Consultant (Tacoma)
Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs)
- Carly Brukhman, MS, CCC-SLP, Speech-Language Pathologist (Seattle)
- Nicole Bergstrom, MS, CF-SLP, Speech-Language Pathologist
- Ronan Allison, Behavior Technician – Seattle
- Yasmin Garfias, Behavior Technician – Seattle
- Dayna Grove, Behavior Analyst Intern – Seattle
- Arianna Hillman, Behavior Technician – Tacoma
- Sophia Javar, Behavior Technician – Tacoma
- Jaime Martinez, Behavior Technician – Tacoma
- Ai Roach, Behavior Analyst Intern – Tacoma
- Alicia Shim, Behavior Technician – Seattle
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 206-543-8379.
How do I register?