Student Diversity Event Fund (SDEF) Guidelines
The Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity and the Samuel E. Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center allocats funds yearly to assist RSOs in their event programming efforts. Those funds are disbursed through the Student Diversity Event Fund. Requests for funding from either office can only be submitted through the SDEF Application Form. The application is in turn processed at the Ethnic Cultural Center and reviewed by the SDEF Committee.
The mission of the Student Diversity Event Fund is to support student programs and events which enhance the communication and exchange of multicultural perspectives and values.
- Must be a Registered Student Organization (RSO), registered through the Student Activities Office (SAO)
- Must attend Ethnic Cultural Center SDEF Co-Sponsorship Workshop
- Event programming must be aimed at enhancing a positive campus climate
- Program must be open to and inclusive of all UW students; programs deemed too exclusive will not be eligible for co-sponsorship
- ECC affiliated RSOs will be eligible for up to $999.99 in co-sponsorship funds per academic school year, July 1-June 30
Funds may be requested for
- Facility and equipment rental
- Event related promotions, printing and advertising
- Tickets and/or ticket staff
- Honorarium for lectures/speakers
- Registration fees to academic or professional conferences that relate to the area of student leadership and retention
- Decorations and Supplies not including live flowers, personal gifts
Funds may not be requested for
- Ethnic Cultural Theater rental fees/waivers
- Giveaways/promotional items such as t-shirts, door prizes, etc.
- Events controlled by non-students
- Events held off campus
- Fundraisers, donations, advocating for legislation or partisan political activity
- Religious worship, exercise or instruction
- Reimbursement for past events
Funding Request Process
- Attend mandatory co-sponsorship workshop (See Below).
- Complete Funding Request Proposal and submit via Husky Link 4-6 weeks prior to your program.
- Log into HuskyLink
- Go to your Organizations Page
- On the bottom left corner, click on “Finance”
- On the top right corner, click on “Create Funding Request”
- Applications will be reviewed weekly by the SDEF Committee. The SDEF Committee Chair will email you directly within one week to inform you of your award status.
- If awarded funding, a member of the organization must attend a mandatory funding access meeting with the ECC Program Coordinator to discuss proper allocation procedures
- After the event your organization is required to submit a post-event packet due no later than one week after your event. This packet must include:
- A copy of all of your publicity materials
- A completed final evaluation form (SDEF Evaluation Form)
- A copy of your final budget summary of all expenditures, co-sponsoring organizations and their contributions.
Workshops are held at the Kelly ECC, Conference Room 303 on the following dates from 3:00pm- 4:00pm:
|October 14||January 13||April 7|
|October 28||January 27||April 21|
|November 4||February 10|
|November 18||February 24|
|December 2||March 10|
TO RSVP FOR A CO-SPONSORSHIP WORKSHOP CONTACT: