Student Diversity Event Fund (SDEF) Guidelines
The Office of Minority Affairs & Diversity and the Samuel E. Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center allocats funds yearly to assist RSOs in their event programming efforts. Those funds are disbursed through the Student Diversity Event Fund. Requests for funding from either office can only be submitted through the SDEF Application Form. The application is in turn processed at the Ethnic Cultural Center and reviewed by the SDEF Committee.
The mission of the Student Diversity Event Fund is to support student programs and events which enhance the communication and exchange of multicultural perspectives and values.
- Must be a Registered Student Organization (RSO), registered through the Student Activities Office (SAO)
- Must attend Ethnic Cultural Center SDEF Co-Sponsorship Workshop
- Event programming must be aimed at enhancing a positive campus climate
- Program must be open to and inclusive of all UW students; programs deemed too exclusive will not be eligible for co-sponsorship
- ECC affiliated RSOs will be eligible for up to $999.99 in co-sponsorship funds per academic school year, July 1-June 30
Funds may be requested for
- Facility and equipment rental
- Event related promotions, printing and advertising
- Tickets and/or ticket staff
- Honorarium for lectures/speakers
- Registration fees to academic or professional conferences that relate to the area of student leadership and retention
- Decorations and Supplies not including live flowers, personal gifts
Funds may not be requested for
- Ethnic Cultural Theater rental fees/waivers
- Giveaways/promotional items such as t-shirts, door prizes, etc.
- Events controlled by non-students
- Events held off campus
- Fundraisers, donations, advocating for legislation or partisan political activity
- Religious worship, exercise or instruction
- Reimbursement for past events
Funding Request Process
- Attend mandatory co-sponsorship workshop.
- Complete Funding Request Proposal and submit to ECC Advisor 4-6 weeks prior to your program.
- Applications will be reviewed weekly by the SDEF Committee. The SDEF Committee Chair will email you directly within one week to inform you of your award status.
- If awarded funding, a member of the organization must attend a mandatory funding access meeting with the ECC Program Coordinator to discuss proper allocation procedures
- After the event your organization is required to submit a post-event packet due no later than one week after your event. This packet must include:
- A copy of all of your publicity materials
- A completed final evaluation form
- A copy of your final budget summary of all expenditures, co-sponsoring organizations and their contributions.
Compliance: Failure to complete the necessary requirements and/or process may compromise your organizations ability to receive future funding from the ECC and/or OMA&D. The OMA&D Student Diversity Event Fund has the right to withdraw funding at any time if publicity and/or program content do not meet the necessary requirements.
Workshops are held at the Kelly ECC, Conference Room 303 on the following Thursday’s from 3:00pm- 4:00pm.
Please Print the Co-Sponsorship Workshop Handout and bring it with you to the workshop!
The Kelly ECC has awarded all SDEF Co-Sponsorship allocated for the 2012-2013 academic year. Workshops and allocations for the 2013-2014 academic year will begin September 2013.