Co-Sponsorships for Student Programs
The 2018-2019 SDEF Funding Season will begin October 17!
The funding season is currently open, but we will only accept and review submissions when your organization has completed the SAO Registration process.
Student Diversity Event Fund (SDEF) Mission
The mission of the Student Diversity Event Fund is to support program and events which enhance the communication and exchange of multicultural perspectives and values.
- Must be a registered student organization (RSO) through the Student Activities Office (SAO)
- Must attend an ECC SDEF Co-Sponsorship workshop: the student planning/heading the event is responsible for attending the workshop
- Event must have an educational and/or culturally enriching focus
- Event programming must be aimed at enhancing a positive campus climate
- Program must be open to and inclusive of all UW students; program deemed to exclusive will not be eligible for co-sponsorship.
Funds May be Requested for
- Facility and equipment rental
- Event related promotions, printing and advertising
- Tickets and/or ticket staff
- Honoraria for performers/speakers
- Registration fees to academic or professional conferences that relates to the area of student leadership and retention
Funds May Not be Requested for
- Giveaways/promotional items such as t-shirts, door prizes, etc.
- Events controlled by non-students
- Events held off campus
- Fundraisers, donations, advocating for legislation or partisan political activity
- Religious worship, exercise or instruction
- Reimbursement for past events
Funding Request Process
- Attend mandatory co-sponsorship workshop (See Below).
- Complete Funding Request Proposal and submit via Husky Link 4-6 weeks prior to your program.
- Log into HuskyLink
- Go to your Organizations Page
- Near the top right, click on the button that says “Manage Organization”
- Near Top Left, click on the 3 Horizontal Lines (Menu) next to your organization name
- A menu will appear, click on Finance, and click on “+ Create Funding Request”
- Applications will be reviewed weekly by the SDEF Committee. The SDEF Committee Chair will email you directly within one week to inform you of your award status.
- If awarded funding, a member of the organization must attend a mandatory funding access meeting with the ECC Program Coordinator to discuss proper allocation procedures
- After the event your organization is required to submit a post-event packet due no later than one week after your event. This packet must include:
- A copy of all of your publicity materials
- A completed final evaluation form
- A copy of your final budget summary of all expenditures, co-sponsoring organizations and their contributions.
Compliance: Failure to complete the necessary requirements and/or process may compromise your organizations ability to receive future funding from the ECC and/or OMA&D. The OMA&D Student Diversity Event Fund has the right to withdraw funding at any time if publicity and/or program content do not meet the necessary requirements.
Upcoming Co-Sponsorship Workshops
All workshops will be held on the scheduled Wednesdays in the Native Room 208 at the Kelly ECC from 3:00-4:00pm and will be available as long as there is still funds available.