Affiliating your RSO
Eligibility to Affiliate
To affiliate your RSO with the ECC, just make sure that it aligns with our mission statement, which can be found here: ECC Mission Statement.
This encompasses most cultural, social justice, and activism-related RSOs.
Benefits RSOs Receive for Affiliating with the Kelly ECC:
- Leadership development and training programs to enhance the skills of your officers and members
- Advising from the ECC Staff on program and event planning, facilitation, budgeting, and risk management
- Priority use of ECC facility for meeting and programming space, including access to kitchens, the backyard, and the BBQ pit area
- Free weekly meeting space for your RSO
- Opportunity to request office space in the ECC
- Free advertisement/exposure through the ECC website and email listserv
- Eligibility to request funding (up to $1,000) for cultural or educational programs/events that enrich the experience of students on campus
- Mailing list access for recruitment and advertising purposes
Steps to Get Your RSO Affiliated (or Re-Affiliated):
- Make sure that you are the primary contact for your RSO, or that you have the updated and correct contact information for that person. Make sure that you also have the names and emails of any other officers, leaders, or points of contact for your RSO.
- Go to huskylink.washington.edu.
- Log in using your UW NetID.
- Click the “Organizations” tab.
- Click the “Register an organization” button.
- If your RSO has been registered in the past, search for your RSO name and click “Re-register.” If your RSO has not been registered before, click “Register a new organization.”
- Enter your RSOs information into the fields provided and submit the form.
- Once submitted, make sure you attend an ECC Student Organizations Orientation. Orientations for 2017 are being held every Monday night of October, 4 pm – 5 pm, in the Ethnic Cultural Theater (right across the street from the ECC).