The Serenity Space aims to support the health and wellbeing of individuals on campus and acknowledge the diverse faiths representing the UW community. The space provides a safe environment where students can relax, reflect, meditate, and pray–giving respite from the fast-paced college life.
The Serenity Space features:
- Privacy screens
- Lounge furniture
- Cubbies for personal belongings
- Relaxation items for personal use
- Must be a UW campus community member to utilize the space.
- Use of the space is on a first come first serve basis.
- Please keep speaking, chanting, music, and other activities that might disturb others to a minimum.
- ONLY food or drinks for meditation or prayer purposes permitted.
- The burning of incense and candles are prohibited.
- Technology free, highly encouraged– unless utilized to access meditation/other pertinent relaxation material.
- Headphones are highly encouraged – we want to create a welcoming environment for all.
If furniture needs to be moved-you may ask the front desk for assistance.
Please send suggestions and/or concerns regarding the space to email@example.com or call 206.616.7181.