Providers may find these resources and free printable flyers and information from the National Institute on Aging and Washington State Dementia Action Collaborative useful in their work with Spanish speaking families who have questions or concerns about brain health or Alzheimer's disease and related dementias.
- Online health information in Spanish for older adults and caregivers on more than 60 topics related to healthy aging, caregiving, and Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
- Free print publications in Spanish about healthy aging for older adults and caregivers.
- Tip sheets for family and care partners (Bilingual): Caring for a person with Alzheimer's or another dementia is challenging and changes regularly. Download one, more or all of these tip sheets for suggestions on how to handle common challenges and situations from WA Dementia Action Collaborative
'Living with Memory Loss' Clinic Handbook- Spanish Translation
Our handbook, Living With Memory Loss: A Basic Guide, has been developed over the past year with guidance from people living with memory loss and their care partners and including personal contributions from our clinic team and other community partners.
- Download the Spanish translation of key content.
Support Groups & Information Resources
Asociación de Alzheimer Local Washington State Chapter (en español)
Alzheimer's Assocation of Washington offers a free program to inform and educate the King County Latino community about resources and services for people living with memory loss. The Association can help you with:
- Information and education about diseases that affect memory
- Questionnaires to identify the onset of memory loss
- Guiding people who care for someone with memory loss to find resources to lower stress level
- Information on medical and social services
- Support groups
- How to handle changes in your loved one's mood (anger, frustration, sadness, ect.)
- Answers to your questions about how to keep your loved ones safe.
- Tips and suggestions to keep your mind active.
Línea de Ayuda 24/7 (1-800-272-3900), which has a professional staff, provides information and advice to more than 300,000 people each year and provides translation services in more than 200 languages.
- la Alzheimer’s Association Green-Field Library, the nation's largest library and resource center dedicated to increasing awareness about Alzheimer's disease and related dementia. View en español.