Mixed Reality and Tactility: The Space Between Two Perceptions
Phillip studied and worked as an artist before attending graduate school in the Division of Design. His work in design creates a bridge that brings together sensibilities of both artist and designer. The subject of concentration for his thesis study has been towards virtual reality and the inherent parallel perception of existing within two environments simultaneously. His thesis explores the future of the visual interface by examining the anatomy of touch within virtual environments.
- Master of Design, University of Washington, Seattle
- Master of Fine Arts, University of Washington, Seattle
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Axel Roesler, Committee Chair (Interaction Design)
- Audrey Desjardins (Interaction Design)
- Barbara Mones (Computer Science & Engineering)