UW CHEMISTRY NMR

Announcments & Equipment Logs

RENEWED COMMITTMENT FOR SAFE OPERATIONS AT THE NMR FACILITY

Dear NMR Community

I hope you all had a chance to consult the freshly communicated directives from our State’s head as well the appeal from the Vice-Provost of UW, sent through the Office of the Chair, Department of Chemistry.

I want to piggy-back on these to re-iterate how important it is to adhere to the safe access policies put in place for the NMR Facility.   Our cooperation and teamwork has made it possible to keep the facility open and humming along even during these historically unprecedented times.

To refresh your memories, here is a link to my original post on this a few months back:

https://depts.washington.edu/chemwp/chemwpnmr/2020/06/safe-start-reminder-and-nmr-facility-use-please-read-and-implement/

The most encouraging news from the Vice Provost’s message is that the steps we had taken is proven to work in keeping the pandemic from overwhelming our Campus. 

Notwithstanding that,  I do notice that the determination is fading a bit and people are tending to be slack both in social-distancing norms as well as the NMR Reservation procedure i.e. ALWAYS BOOKEND A GIVEN SLOT BY A 10 MINUTE GAP ON EITHER SIDE OF YOUR BOOKING. 

I will closely watch for compliance with the last point in the coming days. If the pattern doesn’t change, I may have to come up with some creative intervention in the way the NMR Reservation Calendar is utilized.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENT UNDERSTANDING AND CO-OPERATION ! 

REMEMBER : WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER !

Best Wishes

NMR FACILITY MANAGER

11/20