UW CHEMISTRY NMR

Announcments & Equipment Logs

SNAP POLL: GG500’s NEW BBFO iProbe – SOLICITING YOUR INPUT

Dear Users

Just short of two months ago, I made an announcement about GG500 getting its own brand new fully automated BBFO probehead.

Click on this link to that post, for quick reference.

We ran into some technical challenges in integrating that probe with GG500, but they have been sorted out.   The probe is ready to be deployed in a couple of weeks time for regular use with GG500.

This probe can do automatic Tuning/Matching as well as Topshim based automated shimming.    The input I am soliciting from you is this :

What kind of Software Operational Interface would you be comfortable with, with this new probe  :

1. Traditional Topspin software interface, where you type all commands by hand

2. Routine Spectroscopy automation interface, i.e. that is currently being used with GG500

3. full Automation Interface, similar to the one being run on the brand new NEO500 spectrometer

(Notwithstanding the snafu with GG500’s software today,  I would emphasize that in all the above three methods,  users will have full access and control to all parameters for any experiment chosen)

If you can state your preference and the motivation behind the same, via email to me at : rajanp@uw.edu, that will be immensely helpful.

Thank you for your cooperation and time

NMR Facility Manager

4/12/2023

One Response to “SNAP POLL: GG500’s NEW BBFO iProbe – SOLICITING YOUR INPUT”

• Devin Rollins says:

I would prefer the traditional Topspin software interface, where you type all commands by hand. Personally, I find this software the most user friendly and I have never had issues with windows disappearing like with routine spectroscopy automation interface.